How to apply.
At HLTA Community South West we provide preparation and training for assessment courses at venues across the South West.
List of venues for 2016:
Kingston Maurward College, Dorchester – Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms
Fisherman’s Cot, Bickleigh, Tiverton – Autumn Term
Buckfast Conference Centre, Buckfastleigh – Spring Term
Healthy Living Centre, Exminster – Summer Term
These sessions are run at least once a term. For more information about the training and what it entails and dates for 2015-16, please see our HLTA letter to schools.
How much is it?
The cost of the three-day preparation for assessment course is £280.
The final assessment is carried out by our Regional Provider of Assessment (RPA) who are called Best Practice Network. Their fee is £450.
What to do next:
- Speak to your head teacher or line manager because you’ll need the support of your senior team.
- Check that you’re working towards the standards for HLTA. The Self Review form will help you and your line manager.
- For Standard 11 (see Self Review form) you’ll require a nationally recognised qualification at Level 2 or above in English/literacy and mathematics/numeracy.
- Print the application form and return to Helen Jane at the address specified on the form.
- For the start of training you’ll need the HLTA Provider and Candidate Handbook from the National Assessment Partnership (NAP), available at hlta.org.uk/resources.